Right to Privacy
As a client of OC Mental Health Clinics you have a right to privacy and to review information we keep in your file. Under of the the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act you have the right to:
- Be told why the information we request is needed. Be told how the information will be used.
- Be shown all information about yourself.
- Be told of the consequences of refusing to supply the requested information.
- Contest the accuracy of information in your file.
- No information will be released to persons or agencies outside of OC Mental Health Clinics without your written permission except where required by law or court order.
As a client you have responsibilities as well as rights. You can help yourself by being responsible in the following ways:
- Be honest and direct with us
- Understand your treatment plan
- Follow the treatment plan
- Keep appointments
- Know your therapist