“Serving People with Mental Illness, Chemical Dependency, and Developmental Disabilities.”
The Department of Mental Health is committed to ensuring that:
- its services are accessible to all the people of Orange County and
- its services are delivered in a cost effective, timely and culturally sensitive manner
- These services are under the jurisdiction of the Mental Hygiene Law of New York State and provided within the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the licensing authority of appropriate State Offices.
As a founding member of the WELCOME Orange collaboration of agencies and organizations, Orange County Department of Mental Health:
- encourages leadership and collaboration of multidisciplinary partners to enhance healthy living in Orange County
- is committed to providing a hopeful, welcoming, person-centered approach to meet individuals’ needs by collaborating and connecting people to resources for healthy living