ORANGE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
The position is responsible for administering and directing all operations at the Orange County Jail. The work involves broad latitude for independent responsibility and judgment in supervising and coordinating the administrative, fiscal and operating affairs of the Corrections Division. In addition, this position is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of facility policies, programs and practices for the attainment of established goals and objectives. Work is performed under the administrative oversight of the Sheriff. General supervision is exercised over the work of uniformed and civilian staff.
Completion of sixty (60) college credits from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the NYS Board of Regents to grant degrees and ten (10) years of corrections experience, five (5) years of which shall have been in a supervisory position serving as a commissioned officer within the correction agency.
• Must possess a valid NYS DCJS certification as a Corrections Officer within six (6) months of employment.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license without restrictions.
For consideration of employment, desired candidates shall:
• Have prior experience in creating, analyzing and operating a budget not less than $750,000. Extensive experience in the budgeting process is preferred.
• Have prior experience in collective bargaining, including dispute resolution processes. Extensive experience in the labor/management forum regarding negotiations, discipline process, internal investigation and employee rights is preferred.
• Have prior experience with inter-department government relations. Experience in large governments is preferred.
• Have prior experience appearing, testifying and otherwise interacting with legislative committees and/or legislative leadership.
• Have the ability to express ideas, policies and other matters professionally in the written and verbal form, including basic computer, e-mail and internet experience.
FINAL CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT TO A FINGERPRINT CHECK AND CRIMINAL HISTORY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION.
Salary range: $73,346 - $120,220 per year
COMPETITVE EXAMINATION IS NOT A REQUIREMENT FOR APPOINTMENT
SEND APPLICATIONS TO:
Attn: Kenneth T. Jones, Undersheriff
110 Wells Farm Road
Goshen, NY 10924
Phone: (845) 291-7900
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Date of reissue: 10.03.16