Food Service Helpers, Per Diem
VALLEY VIEW CENTER FOR NURSING CARE & REHABILITATION
AT THE DEPARTMENT OF RESIDENTIAL HEALTH CARE
Applications are now being accepted to fill per diem Food Service Helper vacancies at the Valley View Center for Nursing Care & Rehabilitation at the Orange County Department of Residential Health Care Facility. Per Diem employees are assigned to work on an as-needed basis to fulfill weekend, holiday, or shift assignments. Employment will not exceed 19 hours per week.
This is routine manual work performed under immediate supervision in connection with the preparation and service of food, cleaning of the facility and storage of inventory. Does related work as required.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with the preparation of food as directed and serving of meals;
• Setting, clearing and cleaning dining tables;
• Participating in cleaning and sanitizing kitchen work areas, kitchen equipment, dishes, utensils, pots and pans;
• Cleaning the dining room, kitchen, storage areas and/or rest rooms and keeping areas hazard-free;
• Unpacking and storing food and non-food supplies;
• Following safety instructions in the lifting, pushing, transferring and use of food, equipment and cleaning supplies;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None are required.
Starting Salary: $14.00 per hour
The successful candidate will be subject to a background investigation, including a Criminal History Record Check.
CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION IS NOT A REQUIREMENT FOR APPOINTMENT
SEND APPLICATION TO:
Orange County Department of Residential Health Care Facility
Attn: Staff Resources
2 Glenmere Cove Road
Goshen, NY 10924
Phone: (845) 291-4497
Employment applications can be downloaded from Orange County’s website. Please visit www.orangecountygov.com and follow the link to the Department of Human Resources page.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer