Dietician, Per Diem
VALLEY VIEW CENTER FOR NURSING CARE & REHABILITATION
AT THE DEPARTMENT OF RESIDENTIAL HEALTH CARE
Applications are being accepted by the Orange County Department of Residential Health Care Facility for per diem Dieticians. Per Diem employees are assigned to work on an as-needed basis to fulfill weekend, holiday, or shift assignments. Employment will not exceed 19 hours per week.
This is a professional position which involves responsibility for assessing nutrition needs and food patterns, planning for and directing the provision of food appropriate for physical and nutrition needs and providing nutrition counseling for residents of the Residential Health Care Facility. Work is performed under general supervision and may involve supervision of subordinate personnel.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Conducting initial nutritional assessment of residents and maintaining progress notes;
• Conducting reassessments as required or mandated by policy or state code;
• Assisting in writing, reviewing, and revising menus for residents, including nutrient analysis and communicating dietary changes to kitchen meal production sites as necessary;
• Consulting with physicians, nurses or hospital dieticians regarding resident nutritional care;
• Monitoring the delivery of food service trays to residents and implementing corrective action plans when deficiencies are noted;
• Keeping records and preparing analytical reports as required.
Must possess and maintain either:
Registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association) as a Registered Dietician (RD); OR
Certification by the New York State Education Department (Office of the Professions) as a Certified Dietician/Nutritionist (CDN) in accordance with article 157 of the Education Law.
Starting Salary: $30.00 per hour
The successful candidate may be subject to a background investigation, including a Criminal History Record Check.
CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION IS NOT A REQUIREMENT FOR APPOINTMENT
SEND APPLICATION TO:
Orange County Department of Residential Health Care Facility
Attn: Staff Resources
2 Glenmere Cove Road
Goshen, NY 10924
Phone: (845) 291-4497
Employment applications can be downloaded from Orange County’s website. Please visit www.orangecountygov.com and follow the link to the Department of Human Resources page.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER