Teens - Being Healthy Physically, Mentally & Emotionally
- ORANGE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION - The facilities in the County Park System include; two golf courses, senior center, dog park, arboretum, group and family picnic sites, reception and visitor centers, camping sites, multi-purpose trails, Heritage Trail, multi-purpose sports fields, softball fields, baseball field, playgrounds, equestrian area, observation tower, tennis courts, ponds, waterfront areas, open space, skating rink, snow tubing park, cross county ski trails and more.
- ACT YOUTH NETWORK - TAKE CONTROL - Young people from all over New York State who are working to improve the health and wellness of themselves and the communities they live in.
- ASSET DEVELOPMENT – Search Institute’s identified 40 Developmental Assets. Learn how to build on personal qualities and experiences.
- 4 GIRLS HEALTH – Well organized and covers so many different topics; you can easily ask questions or contact the people who run the website; there is also a page to interact with people through discussions and comments.
- BIRDS AND BEES – This site has a large amount of credible and easily navigated links and it covers many of the topics that young adults are wondering about.
- CRISIS SERVICES KIDS HELPLINE - Encourages kids to seek help if they are experiencing abuse or suicidal thoughts. This site also gives phone numbers and web sites to contact if you are in trouble. This site will help anyone have a better understanding of life and their body.
- Faith Based Resource Directory - for individuals seeking information on faith-based services and ministries. Contains a listing of faith-based communities and organizations across New York State. The Resource Directory is arranged by Region, Ministries, Services and Denominations. An alphabetical listing of faith-based communities and organizations in the region, with contact information, is listed at the beginning of each section.
- FOSTERCLUB NETWORK: Effort to build the capacity of Youth Boards and Councils across America and elevate youth voice in national policy, awareness and resource development efforts.
Youth Boards across the nation connect and collaborate to leverage their voices, build the capacity of their members, and create better public awareness and community connections. Their combined efforts form a network which ultimately improves life for kids in foster care.
- FREEVIBE (by the National Youth Anti-Drug Media Campaign) - A vast amount of information is available on a number of drugs, the effects of drug use, and how to get help.
- GIRLS INC. ONLINE Girls Incorporated, a national nonprofit organization that inspires all girls to be strong, smart and bold, designed Girls Inc. Online and is bringing it to you with the help of local partners like Girls Inc. centers, schools, computer clubs and libraries. For girls ages 9 through 17.
- IEMILY - This site covers everything a girl needs to know and you can also read about other people's experiences.
- LGBTQ Youth - Local resources for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender,Queer, Questioning & Ally Youth.
- MORE THAN SAD - Presenting vignettes of four teens who were treated for depression, this 26-minute film aims to teach adolescents to recognize depression in themselves or their friends, and to encourage them to seek help.
- ORANGE COUNTY SYSTEM OF CARE FOR YOUTH & YOUNG ADULT - Youth and young adults with complex mental health needs, and their families, are encouraged to become part of Orange County’s System of Care, and join in the effort to make things better for others in their community.
- PARTNERSHIP FOR A DRUG-FREE AMERICA - This website has real-life stories from people who have abused drugs or know people who have. There is a mix of statistics and facts as well as personal stories.
- REACH OUT - is an information and support service to help teens and young adults facing tough times and struggling with mental health issues. All content is written by teens and young adults, for teens and young adults, to meet them where they are, and help them recognize their own strengths and use those strengths to overcome their difficulties and/or seek help if necessary.
- REALITY CHECK - YOUTH EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMA AGAINST TOBACCO USE - A youth led movement (ages 13 –18) to expose the deceptive marketing practices of tobacco companies and to empower young people in decreasing the prevalence of tobacco use. For more information and to find out how to help join in the fight against “big tobacco”, contact 845.568.5246 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Respect Love, Love Respect – geared toward teens and young people age 16 – 24, provides information and resources on dating abuse and healthy relationships; users can learn how to get help, help a friend, and get involved in their community.
- SAVE: SUICIDE AWARENESS VOICES OF EDUCATION - This site covers everything from prevention and warning signs of suicide to coping with the loss of someone who has committed suicide
- STOP DWI -The Orange County STOP DWI Program’s goal is to increase public awareness to STOP DWI. Stopping DWI will eliminate the senseless deaths of 48 people every day in the United States.
- TEEN GAMBLING - When Does Playing Stop Being Fun? An estimated 300,000 NY adolescents currently have or are at risk of gambling problems. Attached is a poster designed for teens by Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Council.
- TEENAGERS: HOW TO STAY HEALTHY - This site addresses many interesting and important teen issues. Everything is easy to find and well organized.
- TEEN GROWTH - This site is updated daily, contains a variety of worthwhile information, and it allows viewers to get a professional view in an easy-to-understand format.
- TEXT 4 TEENS - a confidential Text line for teens that are in need of any Information and referrals
- THE REALITY OF TEEN PREGNANCY- A brochure created by the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County Youth Leadership & Service Council.
- YOUTH RESOURCE FROM THE ACT FOR YOUTH CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
Family Life Development Center - Written with input from young people, this site includes resources on leadership development; youth rights on the job; managing stress; and sexual health, including NYS locations for sexual health care and testing. The sexual health section of the site was developed at the request of and in collaboration with the New York State Department of Health (DOH).
**For info about upcoming Trainings, Conferences & Events CLICK HERE!