Teens - Navigating the Internet & Social Networking Safety
- INTERNET SAFETY TIPS - This page gives a list of tips for youth to think about when going online. It is provided by the Family Online Safety Institute.
- Let’s Talk About… This project, developed by Cornell University Cooperative Extension – Orange County in cooperation with the Orange County Parenting Coalition and the Orange County Youth Bureau, is all about creating an opportunity to learn new information about challenging issues and open the door to positive communication.
Click on each topic for a direct link:
- NETSMARTZ - This website serves as a safe place for teens to surf the web, and educates them on web safety.
- PROTECTING YOUR ONLINE IDENTITY AND REPUTATION - "Be smart about what you put on the Internet, because you never know who is looking at what you have on there."
- SAFE SURFING TIPS FOR TEENS - “With all the problems you can face online, is it worth it? For most people, the answer is definitely yes. You just need to know where the pitfalls are, use some common sense and caution, and you'll be in control.”