Bookmark and Share

County Clerk

Court Records

(845) 291-3286

The public can view any legal/court documents, other than matrimonial or sealed records. Matrimonial records are listed on record room’s computer screens but not accessible to the general public. Matrimonial documents can only be viewed by the parties to the action and the attorney’s of record.

For Family Court Records, please contact Family Court at (845)476-3520. Please observe the following guidelines when ordering documents for copying:

  • Give the index number
  • Give the type of record sought
  • Give a filing date
  • Give the name of parties or a business name

Divorce Records

Divorce records are obtainable by the plaintiff, defendant or their attorneys of record (identification required) from the Court Papers section of the County Clerk’s Office. It could take a minimum of five days to obtain a certified copy of divorce files. You may review/obtain a divorce file that you are not a party to by presenting a notarized statement (specifically stating the documents needing to be reviewed, obtained or certified) from one of the litigants or with a court order. Identification of the person granted permission using notarized statement MUST be presented at time of request.

Uncontested Divorce Actions

Information and forms regarding Uncontested Divorce Actions may be obtained from the following web site:   or by calling the Supreme Court at (845)476-3430

Request for Criminal Records


  • How do I obtain an Entry Date for Orders? - Visit our online search at or visit our Record Room located at the County Clerk’s office to use our public computers.

  • How do I file an Answer to a Summons/Complaint? – An Answer must be in writing and the entire caption, including the index number and an original signature is required. The Answer can be mailed to the County Clerk’s office. If it is an E-Filed case, the Answer needs to be uploaded to the NYSCEF website.

  • There is a judgment on my credit report, what do I do? - Visit our online search at or visit our Record Room located at the County Clerk’s office to use our public computers to obtain a copy of Judgment and/or Satisfaction of Judgment.

  • When I am scheduled to appear in Court? - For criminal matters call the County Court and for civil matters call the Supreme Court.

  • Who is the Judge assigned to my case? - For criminal matters call the County Court 845-476-3440 and for civil matters call the Supreme Court 845-476-3430.

  • How do I get my bail money returned? - In order for bail to be returned, the case must be disposed. If the case is disposed, the County Court will file a Cash Bail form with the County Clerk’s office. A certified copy of the Cash Bail form can be obtained from the Clerk’s office for a fee of $5.00. The certified Cash Bail will then need to be presented to the Finance Department for processing. In order to see if a Cash Bail form has been filed, you can visit our online search at or call 845-291-3286.

  • How do I obtain a Certificate of Residency? - This Certificate is available only through the Finance Department which is located at 30 Matthews Street, Goshen, New York 845-291-2485.